[Muanet] Allocation of MURI funds to staff

Rob Phillips r.phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Tue Apr 22 15:08:31 WST 2003

Hi everyone,

I hope that someone can provide answer(s) to this question....
Please preface everything below with "as far as I know".

A few years ago, the Murdoch Research Index (MURI) process resulted
in research performance funds being credited directly to
organisational units, and to individual staff (depending on the
school).  In those days, it was quite transparent who had earnt how
much from their research output.

These days, research income comes as part of the central one line
budget, without a transparent distribution mechanism.  How do schools
and units handle this now?  Do staff still get an allocation based on
performance?  How is this worked out?  Is it different from school to
school?

I would appreciate any information from people who know.

Cheers
Rob

--
Dr Rob Phillips, Senior Lecturer,    r.phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Room 4.38 Teaching and Learning Centre, Library North Wing
Murdoch University, Murdoch, 6150, Perth, AUS
Phone: +61 8 9360 6054	Mobile: 0416 065 054