[Muanet] Kevin Andrews in Perth on Saturday

Chris Latham C.Latham at murdoch.edu.au
Fri May 27 17:55:51 WST 2005

Sorry for the lateness in sending this message. A friend of mine in the CSA only just forwarded it to me. I am going to attend, and I thought other NTEU members might be interested as well.

Chris

Forwarded message below

Kevin Andrews, the Federal Minister of Employment and Workplace Relations, has been shipped to Perth to try and pressure the WA Libs (State Council this weekend) to fall into line with Howard's IR agenda.

Saturday, May 28th
Metro Hotel
61 Canning Highway
South Perth
Call starting at 9:30am

The media will undoubtedly be there in force given the profile of yesterday's announcement and the fact that, for their own reasons, the WA Libs are resisting a unitary IR system.
We are putting the word out to Delegates that an opportunity exists to show our feelings to one of the architects of the Federal IR agenda. Please consider attending to show your support.
Defend One, Defend All.
Toni Walkington
Branch Secretary