[Unistats] I need help with an FOE code

Robert Rispoli r.rispoli@ecu.edu.au
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 13:56:37 +0800

Dear Colleagues,

I have a unit (heaps of them, actually!) that needs a "12xxxx" series
ASCED FOE code but I'm not permitted to use them because there are no
HECS bands associated with these codes.

The unit has the title "Core Skills for ...blah blah blah"

Brief description:

"This unit aims to increase awareness of the need for high quality core
skills, enable students to be able to assess their own areas of strength
and weakness and provide support in the development of skills in
studying/personal management, the use of standard IT applications and
statistical techniques"

Now I don't reckon this sort of unit should get an 0101xx code because
that has a HECS band of 2! Same goes for 02xxxx codes.

So, what shall I do?

Many thanks
Rob

Rob Rispoli
Statistician, Statistical Services Branch
Edith Cowan University
Pearson St, Churchlands
Western Australia  6018

Ph. +61-8-92738234  Fax.+61-8-92738167