[Unistats] AVCC Media Release - A SURGE in 2002 enrolments !! !

Lachlan Murdoch Lachlan.Murdoch@unisa.edu.au
Wed, 8 May 2002 10:02:44 +0930

Dear all

Yes this is my understanding as well, and our uni has a large mid year intake
of overseas students which has contributed to the apparent 'surge in
enrolments'. Unfortunately these AVCC figures have been used in the media and
in fact appear on page 1 of today's HES. The outcome is that that the AVCC have
effectively misrepresented the state of the Higher Ed system, which has
implications for everyone from the Minister down.

On a more personal level, it has meant a lot of time and effort explaining to
all concerned that the comparison is not valid!
Perhaps a retraction from the AVCC is in order??

cheers

Lachlan

Lachlan Murdoch
Acting Director