[Unistats] Off-Shore International Students

Sue Clark Susan.Clark@jcu.edu.au
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 17:44:06 +1100

Dear Colleagues,
James Cook University is interested in hearing from other universities who
have arrangements with off-shore education providers that involve teaching
international students at off-shore campuses.  Your staff may be sent to
teach overseas, or you may only write and provide the course
materials.  The students may or may not be eligible to graduate with an
award from your university.  I am particularly interested in how you report
these students and what services your university provides.  If your
university has such students, I would really appreciate your assistance on
any of the following:
1.  Do you enrol these students on your student system?
2.  Do you report these students to DEST through the Student Collection files?
3.  Do you report these students to DEST through the Past Course
Completions file only (if they graduate with your awards)?
4.  Do you provide library services for these students (and/or for staff of
the off-shore provider)?
5.  Do you provide other services which are normally provided to on-shore
students and staff?
Any information you provide will be treated confidentially.
Thank you.

Susan Clark
Manager, Statistics
Resources Office