[Unistats] RTS Student whose Thesis is Under Exam

Wendy Marchment Wendy.Marchment@anu.edu.au
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 12:00:05 +1000

Dear all,

Thanks for the various responses. I eventually located the guidelines (as I suspected there must be) which specifically exclude the reporting of RTS Students who have submitted their thesis at http://www.hecs.gov.au/manual/02/htm/guidelines/research.htm
as per the following:

"6.8 Termination of an RTS place
An RTS place must be terminated by an institution when the student:

ceases to be an enrolled student and has not requested a period of suspension;
lodges a thesis and is not required to undertake any further tasks related to their course or research project;
withdraws from study;
exhausts the maximum period of entitlement (four years' full-time equivalent study for students undertaking a Doctorate by research and two years' full-time equivalent study for students undertaking a Masters by research);
does not resume study at the conclusion of a period of suspension or does not make arrangements to extend that period of suspension; or
fails to maintain satisfactory progress."

And no - ANU doesn't include them!! Either did Flinders.

Regards

Wendy Marchment
Manager, Statistical and Planning Services Office
Old Administration Area, Building 4F
McDonald Place
The Australian National University
CANBERRA  ACT  0200