[Unistats] Assessing course viability

Lachlan Murdoch Lachlan.Murdoch at unisa.edu.au
Wed Aug 11 12:02:32 WST 2004

Hello all

Each year at UniSA we go through a process of ranking courses (or programs in
Peoplespeak) in terms of their viability - as opposed to quality. This involves
applying indicators of size (EFTSU), demand (1st preferences) and retention
(annual retention rates) to all courses.

I'm wondering whether any Unistats members do a similar exercise, and if so,
whether you utilize any other indicators to give an idea of course viability.
Naturally costing or profit would be a key factor but we are yet to pin this
down at a course level.

regards

Lachlan

Lachlan Murdoch