[Unistats] IAF Portfolio

Wendy Marchment w.marchment at griffith.edu.au
Tue Dec 18 14:29:01 WST 2007

Dear colleagues,

Having received an advance copy of our 2007 IAF portfolio to assist with
the AUQA Audit, I provided the following feedback to DEEWR (DEST was so
much easier as an acronym):
"One siginificant anomoly we have picked up is the Staff FTE (RO, T&R)
figures on pages 53 and 54
The figures include general ie non-academic staff which we don't think
they should given that you are deriving ratios further down that refer to
academic staff only, as would be appropriate when you are looking at
research income and publication outputs"

Have just had a call from DEEWR and they don't quite understand what I'm
saying but are still checking. Draft IAF's are going out to all
institutions shortly so would appreciate if you would confirm with DEEWR
that the above anomoly is an issue if it also affects your uni.

Merry Christmas.....

Regards

Wendy Marchment
Director
Quality, Planning and Statistics
Nathan campus, Griffith University
Nathan  QLD  4111  Australia

Email: W.Marchment at griffith.edu.au
Telephone  (07) 373 54027
Facsimile    (07) 373 55525
PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the
use of the addressee(s) and may contain information that is confidential
or privileged.
If you receive this e-mail and you are not the addressee, please disregard
the contents of the e-mail, delete the e-mail, and notify the author
immediately.