[Unistats] Clinicians and Adjunct Academics

Jacquie Leong Jacquie.Leong at anu.edu.au
Thu Nov 15 14:11:55 WST 2007

Dear Unistats subscribers,

Would you be able to tell me whether you report staff members who are
clinicians or adjunct academics?  DEST definition of member of staff -
'Includes persons [of the above types who are occupying temporary
positions or] who are conjoint appointees or clinical appointees or
adjunct appointees.'

DEST in Section 1.3 of the Staff Help File then stipulates that -
'the Full-time and Fractional Full-time Staff file contains information
about each member of staff and the duties being performed.'

This implies that clinicians and adjunct academics are expected to be
reported to DEST in the July submission.
I am looking at whether different universities have different approaches
in this regard.  I'd really appreciate your response.  Thanks!

Jacquie Leong
Information Analyst
Statistical Services
Old Administration Area, Building 4F,