[Unistats] Calculating casual staff full time equivalence

Lachlan Murdoch Lachlan.Murdoch at unisa.edu.au
Wed Mar 12 07:10:24 WST 2008

In the DEEWR staff casual file, full time equivalence for lecturing and
demonstrating/tutoring casual staff is determined by the formula:

Hours worked/ 9 (lecturing) or 25 (tutoring) / number of teaching weeks
in a full year.

I was wondering what figure institutions use for the teaching weeks
variable in this calculation to try to gauge the level of variation
across the sector. We still use 28 for example.

If people respond directly to me rather than to the whole unistats, I
will compile a table of results for those who respond.

Cheers

lachlan

Lachlan Murdoch

Manager: Analysis and Strategy