[Muanet] Merger Consultation Process

Rob Phillips r.phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Fri Jul 29 12:24:04 WST 2005

Colleagues,

My sense is that people are waiting to see the data/evidence in
favour of a merger.  Until we have that, there is little to discuss,
other than the process of the feasibility study, which seems
appropriate.

I am more concerned with the proposal to make some excellent staff in
Software Engineering redundant. I would like some information about
the decision, including why particular staff were targetted, and not
others, and why this is happening prior to the merger discussions.

Can you enlighten us, Mick?

Rob

--
Dr Rob Phillips, Educational Designer,    r.phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Room 4.38 Teaching and Learning Centre, Library North Wing
Murdoch University, South St, Murdoch, 6150, Perth, Australia
Phone: +61 8 9360 6054	Mobile: 0416 065 054
Executive Member, Australasian Council on Open, Distance and E-learning (ACODE)
Want info about ICT in education?