[Muanet] URGENT: Labor party leader killed in the Philippines

Chris Latham C.Latham at murdoch.edu.au
Thu Nov 23 15:27:14 WST 2006

Dear Members

Below is an article about the assassination, on Tuesday, of labour activists in the Philippines. The past few months in the Philippines has seen an escalation of the already high level of employer and state repression targeting the labour and other popular movements. Last week in Perth there was a prayer vigil against the violence held internationally. I’ll keep members up to date with future events around the Philippines.

Chris