[Unistats] HECS Due file and addresses

Robert Rispoli r.rispoli@ecu.edu.au
Wed, 15 May 2002 10:53:36 +0800

>Dear Rob,
>
>Perhaps I am getting old but surely it is a legal requirement of the
HECS system that the student provides their address to
>the tax office?

Roni,
That's what I thought as well.
Can anybody point me to some wriiten words that indicate this
requirement?

Thanks
Rob

>Also don't they want to get their results?  We have many missing
addresses, but this is due to laziness by
>the students or Faculty not because they don't want us to have it.

Their address is known but not for me to see!

>Kidding aside, when we have had a handful of students without
addresses we enter the address of their home
>department as a reference point.

Mmmm. But surely this is not good enough for the ATO!