[Unistats] HECS Due file and addresses

Nick Booth Nick.Booth@uts.EDU.AU
Wed, 15 May 2002 13:04:12 +1000

At 12:28 pm 15/05/02, you wrote:
>Dear Colleagues,
>
>We've got a handful of students who do not wish to have their
>residential and/or postal addresses entered into our student reocrd
>system for various legitimate reasons. As a consequence, FATAL errors
>3043 and/or 3042 (postcode invalid) are generated from the HECS Due
>file.
>
>Entering the addresses manually into the file may be one solution.
>
>I was wondering whether other Unis have similar students and, if so,
>how you go about avoiding these errors without doing a "Booth" i.e.
>making up the data!

We don't usually make this up!

UTS stores only one address for most of its students, which is the address
they want their mail sent to. We report this for both "Postal address" and
"Permanent address". For a small number of students (mainly from country
areas or overseas) we have both home and semester addresses, and we report
home as permanent, and semester as postal.

Our system is designed to meet our needs, not those of ATO!

If you don't have a postal address for a student, how do you send them
notices??

Nick Booth
Senior Policy and Project Consultant
Technology Systems and Information Unit
University of Technology, Sydney.
Phone + 61 2 9514 2162.   Fax + 61 2 9514 1272.
CRICOS Number: 00099F

UTS CRICOS Provider Code:  00099F

DISCLAIMER
This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain
read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments.
immediately and delete this message. Any views expressed in this message
are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly,
and with authority, states them to be the views the University of
Technology Sydney. Before opening any attachments, please check them for
viruses and defects.