[Unistats] When is a FATAL not a FATAL?

Robert RISPOLI r.rispoli at ecu.edu.au
Thu May 1 16:33:52 WST 2003

When you're comparing data from this submission to data in prior submissions! That's when!

I'm tired of this type of "FATAL" error:

     3021: **  FATAL  ** - E328 (Course commencement date) different in prior and current submission files
     3022: **  FATAL  ** - E315 (Gender) different in prior and current submission files
     3023: **  FATAL  ** - E314 (Date of birth) different in prior and current submission files

Did it ever occur to anyone that they may have been wrong in the earlier submission?

They should be WARNINGS!

Let me have your views and then we'll lobby DEST.

Regards
Rob