[Unistats] When is a FATAL not a FATAL?

Roni McDowell roni.mcdowell at rmit.edu.au
Fri May 2 08:29:09 WST 2003

Dear Rob,

I fully agree that these messages should not be FATALs but would appreciate still seeing them as warnings - in case those of us with the system from hell find that the system has chosen to reset something like the commence date because it is basically evil!

Roni

Roni McDowell
Head, Statistics and Reporting Unit
Planning Group
RMIT Collection Coordinator
RMIT University
Phone:  03 9925 4077
Mobile: 0417554033
Fax: 03 9639 1941

>>> "Robert RISPOLI" <r.rispoli at ecu.edu.au> 01/05/2003 6:33:52 pm >>>
When you're comparing data from this submission to data in prior submissions! That's when!

I'm tired of this type of "FATAL" error:

     3021: **  FATAL  ** - E328 (Course commencement date) different in prior and current submission files
     3022: **  FATAL  ** - E315 (Gender) different in prior and current submission files
     3023: **  FATAL  ** - E314 (Date of birth) different in prior and current submission files

Did it ever occur to anyone that they may have been wrong in the earlier submission?

They should be WARNINGS!

Let me have your views and then we'll lobby DEST.

Regards
Rob